I bought this silk fabric online at bargain price with the idea of using it as lining. When it arrived, it turned out to be so beautiful, so I wanted to sew skirt with it. At first I wanted to sew pleated skirt, but that fabric doesn't holds pleats well. So I decided to make pencil skirt instead.
I took pattern from Burda 08/2007, the one I used before. There was nothing difficult about construction, but fabric was tricky to handle. That is why I spent on it more time, than I usually do on basic skirt, and it's the only garment finished in April.
Firstly, when I basted the skirt and tried it on, it clinged to my bare legs, because of static. It was impossible to check the fit. I washed the fabric in fabric softener and it solved the problem.
Then I had no idea how to hem the skirt. I searched over internet, and suggested method for hemming silk is so called baby-hem. I was afraid it wouldn't work on skirt with back vent. I tried to use seam-a-steam, and I almost ruined the garment. I need to cut off few centimetres. Eventually I turned the hem under and stitched.