niedziela, 30 marca 2014

Skirt for spring

I recently learned the concept of "capsule wardrobe". Basically, it's an idea of creating the collection of essential items of clothing that will not go out of fashion and then update with seasonal pieces. Those basis items should be interchengable in order to maximise the number of outfits.

I started my capsule wardrobe with a skirt. I bought the lightweight wool during my trip to Warszaw in January, and thought it would make great skirt for transitional season. The pattern is good old Simplicity 2451.


I was making the skirt for the third time, so all alterations had been done previously. I lenghten back darts. I also lined the skirt using the same pattern as for fashion fabric.

The skirt is comfortable to wear and very versatile. It can be worn in casual outfits, or dressed up for office.

Back view


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz