piątek, 1 sierpnia 2014

Perfect summer dress

I wonder why this pattern (Butterick 5873) is not very popular among Pattern Review members. It's such any easy and stylish dress.
Here is my review:

 Pattern Description: Close-fitting, above mid-knee length dress has mock wrap front, gathered at left side, collar, collar band, raglan sleeve, side zipper and stitched hems. I made view B with short sleeves but without sash.

Pattern Sizing: I cut bodice 10, and graded to 12 at waist and hips.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, there were fairly easy. Although I changed order of construction, first sew attached sleeves to the bodice, then serged side seams. I also used coverstich machine to finish hems

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like the silhouette of the dress, which is very slimming. I like side gathers. No dislikes

Fabric Used: Raoyn lycra knit. I think it was perfect fabric-pattern combination, the knit has just enough weight for gathers.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: My usual alteration ie removing 1.5 cm from waist area. I also took in 1 cm at sleeves seam.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I might sew view A with longer sleeves for fall.

Conclusion: I wonder why this pattern is not very popular at PR. For me it's a winner, the best summer dress! It's comfortable to wear, yet stylish. 


And photos:


Side gathers:




Back view:

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz