sobota, 20 września 2014

It starts with fabric ....

I bought this bold print knit in January, during my first fabric shopping in Warsaw. I didn't have any specific pattern in mind, but I wanted to make a dress from it. Unfortunately, each time I tried to find pattern, it turned out, that I don't have enough fabric. Luckily, the next time I visited that shop, I managed to buy additional yardage.

I decided to make maxi dress with McCall's 6700.

 I cut size 10, and I did not make any alteration apart from 1.5 cm short waist adjustment. Next time I should lenghten bodice front (circa 2.5 cm at center front, tapering to nothing at side seams).
The neckline is cut very low, and gaping a bit, I could have overlap front pieces by few more centimetres (I think I might rip waist seam and correct it, because it's annoying).

In order to stabilise neckline I fused a strip of knit interfacing. Then I finished it with coverstich. To make shoulder gathers I stitched clear elastic over shoulder seam (it looks more like RTW clothes)




Back view:


Eventually I added back ties, to keep back in place.

I wish I sewed this dress earlier this year, not in the end of summer. Despite minor imperfections I think this is lovely dress and will get a lot of wear next year.











Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz