poniedziałek, 29 grudnia 2014

Holiday sewing - silk top

This year I planned my holiday sewing in advance. The first thing I sew is silk top, which was meant to be worn during office holiday party.
I had very little yardage of silk satin in deep teal colour (this thing was quite expensive, so I bought only 75 cm). It's been in my stash since January, and almost became one of "too good to use it" fabrics. But finally I dared to cut into this precious fabric.
I used  New Look 6895 which I sew last year. Due to very limited yardage I only managed to cut cap sleeves.
I cut size 8 at shoulders  and added 1.5 cm in side seams.
I put a lot of effort into this project. I made muslin (which I rarely do) before cut into the fabric. I did French seams. I learned new technique of hemming - so called baby hem (very neat finish indeed). But I'm somehow  disappointed with the results, because silk satin wrinkles madly! I'll probably wear it under the jacket, where wrinkles will not be visible.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz